Join our board!
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of those diagnosed with prostate cancer? We’re seeking skilled and passionate volunteers to join our leadership board.
For more than 20 years, Island Prostate Centre (IPC) has filled a service gap on Vancouver Island. We offer free health guidance and emotional support to people living with prostate cancer, and their families. Why? Because we believe no one should face their cancer journey alone.
We’re seeking enthusiastic people who can help us grow.
Specifically, we’re working to:
- build stronger community and health networks
- make our services more accessible to Vancouver Island communities outside of Victoria
- improve awareness and visibility for IPC across all demographics, since the impacts of prostate cancer are not limited to any single cohort
- increase diversity and inclusion within our board membership to better reflect the populations we serve
- advance our fund development capacity
Wondering what’s involved?
As a small staff team, we rely on the strength of our board. The board’s focus is governance, but an ideal board member is willing to roll up their sleeves when we need to get things done. Your contribution can make a HUGE difference—and it’s part of what makes this role special.
At a minimum, we ask our board volunteers to:
- participate in our monthly meeting
- contribute to the work of one strategic planning committee
- represent IPC at special events
- give five volunteer hours each month
We value previous board experience, but are primarily seeking expertise critical to our success—particularly in the areas of fundraising, communications & marketing, and healthcare.
We encourage applications from people of all ages and backgrounds. We believe representation, diversity, and inclusion are essential to ensure we meet our service users where they are, in ways that make sense for them. And we recognize we have plenty of work to do to make this a reality.
What’s in it for you?
This is a rewarding place to be if you believe in the power of community, want to be part of a dynamic and engaged team, and are ready to influence the future of prostate cancer care on Vancouver Island.
Our board members include prostate cancer survivors and their loved ones who know firsthand the life-changing value of our services.
Chat with us.
Interested in getting involved? Contact us to learn more or submit an online application.
Not sure? Join us as a guest at our next board meeting to see what we’re all about. (Coffee is on us.)
Make us better.
Are we made for each other?
Do you have skills in these areas?
- communications & marketing